Thursday, September 10, 2009

Work?

I wonder why people have bad attitudes at work...it's not like we are family members, friends or in any other relationship.
We're co-workers. We are here for business. Me being where I'm at for 8 hours a day is to pay my bills. To help run a business that is not mine, but by being here and a part of it, makes it part of me.
Co-workers are strangers until brought together by a company. You may become friends with co-workers and go to lunch, share recipies, gossip and colds. The other option is the friendly "Good Morning!" while you're both passing each other in the hall, or asking how their weekend went on a bleary-eyed Monday morning.
I wouldn't go up to a stranger on the street and snap at them, or give them attitude. I don't know them. They are not a part of me or my life. They don't know my secrets or my home life. I don't work for my co-workers nor do they work for me. We work WITH each other.
Calm the 'tudes, dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment