Thursday, April 8, 2010

Book Review

I just finished reading The Shack, an amazing book, and have decided to read it again. It is a gorgeous book about a man who is broken and hurting who encounters God (in the form of a big, black woman who informs him too many greens will give him the trots) in the very shack where his young daughter's life was taken by a serial killer.
I can barely begin to describe how wonderful this book is and how it has effected me. It was given to me at exactly the perfect time in my life, where I really needed the love of God to seep into me to be given to those around me. My heart and my life felt very full while reading the book, which is why I have started it again. I lost count how many times my eyes filled with tears while reading passages of the book. I've never really been able, try as hard as I might, put Jesus in the role of being "human." And it's beautiful. I encourage you to read this book, you will want to read it over and over again, I guarantee it! And I can promise that you will be blessed by this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment