Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scrapbook Page - Valentine's Day

Now that I moved my craft table into my bedroom, I decided to do a little scrap booking!
I printed out some pictures on my fiance's printer, but although the photo paper is 4x6, the pictures printed out as 2x3...not sure how to change that setting, so I decided to keep printing some pictures as I knew I could do something creative with them.
I decided to print my Valentine pictures. I wanted to make the one of myself and my fiance the main focus, so I printed this on plain copy paper...but it still turned out superb!
I used some cute pink and red striped paper I have on hand, and some pretty pink construction paper as the photo's backdrop. Fits nicely with the color scheme of Valentine's day, as well as my scarf!

I am learning journaling - which is actually much harder for me than one would think, but that is an issue I can get into later...lol. For my journaling backdrop, I just used a piece of red construction paper, again, to keep with the Valentine color scheme.


This is the close-up of the photo of myself and my fiance. This was taken in San Francisco, in an Irish pub near the pier. The fireplace was GORGEOUS and some very kind and very hilarious Irish bar back offered to take our picture...he also loudly proclaimed that I am so "white" that I look like the "Virgin Mary." Us Irish sure have a way with words don't we? I decided to add two cute little foam hearts on the construction sheet. My mom gave me a little bag full of them, so you may be seeing more random hearts popping up on various pages! :o)

With the small photos, I decided to do a sort of collage at the bottom of the page: pictures of my gifts from the kids, the infamous picnic basket, etc. I also added ribbon - I love ribbon - that Chris had in my picnic basket, and a beautiful LOVE sticker, just to bring it all together.

I hope you enjoy this page, I'm very happy with it, and get some good ideas from it!
xoxo
Miss Irish

No comments:

Post a Comment