Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful for many things in my life: There is so much beauty and a little bit of ugly, but it's all for me and to make me who God intends me to be:
I'm thankful for my family, the ones who love me in spite of me, and the ones that do not. You most certainly cannot choose your family and you cannot change your family but God bless 'em anyway.
I'm thankful for my friends, the closest ones are the ones I don't get to see or hear from that often, but they are always in my heart. I'm thankful for new friends and they way they help me deal with every day littles.
I'm thankful for the beautiful relationship I am in now, despite grey days. The colorful days make the grey days bearable.
I'm thankful for Missy, who has always been there when no one else was. She has taught me to really love.
I'm thankful for my health.
I'm thankful for the health of my friends and family.
I'm thankful for all the gorgeous love in my life.
I'm thankful for the depression, for it's always a glorious, God-filled time of being out of it.
I'm thankful for the little things that truly are wonderful: a puzzle with a child, a laugh with a father, a joke with a friend, a reassuring touch from a lover, the prayer of a parent, a good home cooked meal with family, a welcoming into a new family, and most of all God's love. Thank you Lord for the bountiful blessings in my life, for they are too rich for me to deserve. I am not worthy, but I praise you for believing I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment