Friday, October 30, 2009

Busy Friday...

Today is going to be a really busy day. Taking a quick break at work to jot all this down.
Have to go out of town (6o minutes round trip in the car!) during my extended lunch break to file some papers for Chris, then finishing up the rest of the work day.
At 5 p.m., I have to go home, give the dog a bath (what's with all the fleas in Chico?!) and prepare the crafts I have planned for the girls to do tonight. We're making ghost decorations to hang, and I think they would love to decorate the ghosts. I will be posting a how-to on that later!
Then dinner, which thankfully Chris has offered to shop for and prepare. Then more decoration hanging and some cleaning tonight, I want to get as much done today so tomorrow won't be rushed and stressful...it's a party, I want to enjoy it!
Then tomorrow, Chris and I will have our alone-time in the morning sipping our coffee and talking while the kids sleep. I remember waking up to that on Saturday and Sunday mornings - being woken up to the sound of my parents coversing with each other in the living room. I think of that each time Chris and I sit and chat, waiting for the kids to wake up. They may not realize it now, but in the future it will be a blessed memory for them to wake up to that :o)
More cleaning tomorrow (I can never clean enough!). I'll start preparing my food, setting up the food and drink table and then my girl friend will be coming over to help and get her items ready.
Chris is taking the kids trick or treating, so no doubt I'll be taking a million pictures of them. Luckily the girls are both hams and LOVE to have their pictures taken. I just found out the other day that the 5 year old girl loves to look in a mirror as much as I do. My soul mate!
Then by the time they all return, we should have a few people over enjoying food and drinks and each others company. Very much looking forward to it! Planning and preparing dinners and parties is totally in my element, so I'm a happy clam!
xoxo
Miss Irish

1 comment:

  1. I'm very much looking forward to your party! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete