Thursday, January 28, 2010

Checking In

What an odd past week or so...we've had a lot going on, and it seems to never change: there is always something! We've gotten good news and bad news, but that's the way it goes. I am always very thankful for the good news!
Have currently been checking around the area for after-school programs and daycare for the little one. We have a meeting tonight with one I found (she was actually referred to me) who sounds great so far.
Chris and I have been trying to really work on things between us, and with his kids to really make ourselves a little family. We seem to be progressing in the right direction, there is still a lot of growing and learning we both have to do.
He's been encouraging me since the moment we started our relationship to not "sweat the small stuff." I've been trying really hard, not sure if my progress shows or not, but it's a constant struggle!
I've found that a lot of prayer works. I find myself praying incessantly throughout the day on some days, other days random yet helpful scriptures pop into my head. Today, it's part of Psalms 71:5, NLT: O Lord, you alone are my hope.
It's coming down to it that I may be inheriting three amazing children sometime soon, I'll make an official announcement once it's officially official (like that?), and have been told many, many times that life as I knew it will never be the same. Life as I knew it hasn't been the same as of May 2009, so bring it!! Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment